Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Dr. Evil and Mini-Me

This morning I went to a store that sold various hats, scarves, wigs and handkerchiefs. I tend to wear baseball hats wherever I go and decided to get something new. I find that when I wear a baseball hat for long periods of time, when I take the hat off, my head looks like a baseball because you can see the indent of the stitching from the hat all over my head. My cousin is getting married next month and although I have a nice selection of baseball hats, it’s probably not an appropriate thing to wear to the wedding. My mom says I should just go bald…we’ll see. Anyway, back to the store. The woman in the store kindly showed me where the hats were and sat me down in front of a mirror. I had a handkerchief in mind …she had a turban in mind. “Just let me try it on you,” she said. So I sat there while she kept winding this thing around and around my head. I politely explained that it wasn’t the look I was going for and managed to untangle all the material off my head. In the end, I found a ‘Hope Cap’ which is basically a fitted handkerchief. A woman makes them and donates a portion of the proceeds to Breast Cancer research. Hopefully it will do the trick.

Okay, so Steve just walked in the room and read this then asked where I had put the new handkerchief. He picked it up and put it on me backwards (although he probably thought it was the right way). As soon as he started laughing I knew what he was thinking…I looked like Dr. Evil and Mini-Me from Austin Powers in Goldmember when they sing “Hard Knock Life” in the jail. It’s a good thing that we both have the same sense of humour.



me

No comments: